Essential 'Programming' Skills for Non-Programmers
If you work in IT and you're not a programmer then firstly, welcome... I hope you enjoy the site ;-)
To succeed in IT I think there are still some 'programming' skills that will be worth taking the time to learn.
These are skills that won't die out quickly, and that will help you in general trouble-shooting and comprehension.
Okay -- maybe this is a pompous list... but I welcome any adds, edits, deletes. Here goes.
- HTML: Dare to 'view source'
- SQL: Learn to select, from, where, order
- XML: Learn what makes a document well formed
- Spreadsheets: Please learn to write formulae in cells
- Coffee: Now make me a damn coffee you admin nitwit
My book "Choose Your First Product" is available now.
It gives you 4 easy steps to find and validate a humble product idea.