2018 By The Numbers
Being productive in 2018 was again a challenge. If you produced nothing, but managed to survive: good for you!
Here's a summary of things I shipped. Numbers in parens, e.g. "(3,2)", are the figures from last year and the year before.
- 1 book published, Choose Your First Product (1,0) (available as a PDF, Epub, a kindle book, a physical book, and at the kobo store)
- 1 new version of NimbleText released (1,3)
- 10 Blog posts written (13, 17)
- 14 new wiki articles completed (10,50)
- 19 Weekly Project Update emails shared with Richard Mason of Aussie Bushwalking (0)
- Modest amount of work completed on Evergreen Skills for Software Developers but much kudos to Joseph Cooney who worked very hard on this forthcoming book.
- Big shout out to Doeke Zanstra (see also) for his excellent work on ok-bash.
- 1 project I forgot to tell you about: Robots versus Electric Sheep
- ~200 pictures at insta/secretGeek
- 73 Today-I-Learned Entries written (133, 233) — 117163 words (35289, 42352), 10 new topics (21, 44)
- 156 contributions at Github/secretGeek (189, 292)
- 2 new articles written for "Your First Product" (6,17)
- 1 blog post published to medium (2, 0)
- 0 talks delivered (1,1) phew.
- 2 (really minor) pull requests successfully submitted to open source software (1,3)
- 1 pair of driving glasses acquired (0,0)
- 2 production websites moved from Windows to Linux (2,3)
- 200+ days in a row I met my daily step goal (previous best streak 117, also this year, prior years' best was 73 days. At this point i just use it to track the duration between sickness/injury.)
- 1000s of tweets screamed into the void.
The tweets that travelled the furthest were both about Evergreen Skills
You want to stay relevant for the next 10 years?— Leon Bambrick (@secretGeek) November 19, 2018
These are 3 major things you should focus on:
- the binary language of moisture vaporators
- going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters
- traveling through hyperspace which ain't like dusting crops, farm boy https://t.co/8Y5aXq6eGY
Well, let's see what 2019 is all about.Next → ← Previous
My book "Choose Your First Product" is available now.
It gives you 4 easy steps to find and validate a humble product idea.