SO... Should I waste my time getting an MCAD? (I hear you ask)
Here are six points in favour of the MCAD certification.
- It teaches you tonnnnnnnnes about .net, so you really get to know the platform
- It's a good thing for the resume
- It won't be out of date for a couple of years.
- The process of ongoing study really wakes up your brain and helps you engage more fully with your environment.
- You don't need to attend any courses, just buy the relevant books, written by Mike Gunderloy (70-305 book, 70-306 book and 70-310 book). Then do whatever practice exams you can scavenge off the net.
- Total outgoing cost (not including time) should therefore be: 3 books (total, US$100, AU$270), plus the exam (300 bucks or so??). Tax deductible and good for the health.
So go and do it, kiddo.
(That's the easiest blog entry I ever wrote -- it's just a cut and paste from a real email.)Next → ← Previous
My book "Choose Your First Product" is available now.
It gives you 4 easy steps to find and validate a humble product idea.